Friday, August 3, 2018

Week 4 Friday (Research Symposium)

I spent the majority of the day at the research symposium. There was a poster presentation, where I saw presentations on anything from 3d printed prosthetic to the radar detection that we see in the image above. The presentations were all very interesting and in-depth, making it challenging to understand everything that was written on their boards. However, it was easy to see the purpose and progress of the individual researchers. I also gained some valuable knowledge I can utilize in my presentation in a couple of weeks.

There was some in person presentations that I witnessed as well. They were on the relationship between space matter density and star production as well as the merging of the stars. This one was very hard to understand, but all three researched gave different presentations on the issue with some overlap.

When I came back to the lab, I spent some time looking into MNIST, but now my next focus is just on confirming whether or not pixels are the best thing to use to compare the broadcast system and the fixed focal length system. I am waiting for a response back from Mike, but I will continue working on the power point in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment