Thursday, August 2, 2018

Week 4 Thursday (Finalizing Data)

Image result for pixel counting

I had to analyze the data from the previous two days. I did this by finding the average number of pixels in each clipping that could be used to find the jersey number. I did this for the broadcast system and the fixed focal length camera system. After compiling the data, I found that on average there were about 209 more pixels per frame for the broadcast system. However, after closer inspection, it became clear that this difference was due to a multitude of 0 pixels in the fixed focal length system, potentially due to the angle of the camera. Comparatively, there were almost no situations in which 0 pixels were present for the broadcast system.

However, only 50 percent of the hockey players were in each frame, so this trade off must be accounted for in the final analysis of which system is better for player analysis. Now, I will work more on my power point presentation, but if any problems arise with the accuracy of the data, I will have to refer back to my calculations.

No comments:

Post a Comment